Another insightful little Dyslexic clip that shows the major points I hear from my dyslexic students. It also shows that:
– Numeracy can very well be a part of Dyslexia
– Dyslexia is a hard word to pronounce, esp. if you are a Dyslexic
– Confidence or the lack of it is a major issue
– The creative talent shines through and once a creative niche is found, confidence soars
(or if the dyslexic is fortunate to correct his difficulties one way or another)
– School is just sooo tough for them – and through nobody’s fault, as they usually try so hard and so do the teachers. They just haven’t been taught how to help them.
It also highlights how lucky the world is to have dyslexic people who add so much flavour, fun, creativity, ‘insightfulness’ and humour to life.
Luckily there are ways to help them to get through school until they can shine.