Training Program for Adults With DyslexiaAn Online Dyslexia School and Program
Barbara Hoi Talking About Dyslexia in Adults
About Our Training Program For Adults With Dyslexia
Imagine there was an alternative school that helps an adult to read with ease and confidence in six months.
One that eliminates the need to read every text several times to fully understand and remember.
One that helps catch up on years of missed grammar, spelling or numeracy.
One that stops the trauma and humiliation, or the shame of not being able to read well or fast enough.
One that gets you out of stress and anxiety when struggling to keep up, catch up or compute information as quickly as everyone else.
Regardless if you have ever been labeled dyslexic or ADD, ADHD or any other label – chances are that you have a different learning style, mostly a visual or hands-on way of learning.
The One Year School will show you a different way to learn – one that uses your strengths to master your challenges.
The reasons why you may have struggled at school is not a lack of intelligence.
Most schools teach to auditory students. Most schools fail visual learners.
Are you looking for a better experience?
A school that comes into your home, just by clicking on The One Year School course you have chosen.
And a school where you take about 30 minutes to one hour a day – to catch up on years of failed schooling.
Choose whether you work through the program yourself; or with a friend or a personal tutor, assigned to help you implement parts of the program, tailoring it to your needs and your learning style.
In the One-Year School, you will learn:
- HOW to become and stay focused
- HOW to read and learn without the painful sounding out.
- Without boring repetition.
- Leaving behind the stress and anxiety
Who Can Benefit From The One Year School for Adults?
You will benefit if you can relate to any of these challenges:
- Get anxious and stressed, even just remembering your years at school.
- Find it difficult to become or stay focused long enough to read or work.
- Find it challenging to read, write and spell – no matter how hard you try.
- Usually read everything several times to get the full picture.
- Enjoy mathematics, but don’t always understand all the questions and concepts.
- Struggle with filling in form.
- Have great ideas but difficulty expressing them in writing.
- Misunderstanding or misinterpreting experiences.
- Stop yourself from accepting new opportunities, anxious to study or lacking confidence.
- Have so much more potential, but unable to show it and shine.
If this sounds like you, maybe the One Year School is a match for you!
Why a Dyslexia Training Program that is Six Months Long?
I used to run one-on-one dyslexia training programs for children and adults over a period of 5 days, correcting dyslexia or numeracy, ADD, ADHD or hyperlexia, whatever was appropriate. One week with 30 hours of support certainly helped to give every child and adult the tools to correct dyslexia but I found that after the training was complete, there was often a gap in the support needed to continue the journey of dyslexia correction.
The neural pathways that were set during the week needed to be strengthened and reinforced through regular exercise. If there wasn’t the time or knowledge to support the learning, this follow-up was missing, which meant that children and adults were not able to achieve the level of success that was possible.
That is what led me to develop The One Year School. Our Six-Month-Program gives a dyslexic individual plenty of time to add literacy, numeracy, concept work – and the focus they need to master their academic life and release the anxiety and overwhelm – and instead add the confidence and love of learning to their lives.
Designed for visual learners, the program makes sure they become very happy and successful learners.
At this Online Dyslexia School, Adults will Learn:
- To read, write, comprehend and spell well beyond your current level.
- That you don’t have to be dyslexic, but if you learn differently, this will help you to improve literacy and numeracy, using your creative talents.
- Strategies and tools to achieve focus, knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
- A step-by-step process to get there and have our support all the way.
- To activate a different part of your brain that will be useful to apply at work and in life
- To learn to relax, focus and regulate emotions, while gaining literacy and numeracy skills.
- To use these new skills to write your own book, if they wish to do so.
Investment for The One Year School
- share your experiences and life challenges with others like yourself;
- get tools and tips to help with focus, as well as mental and emotional challenges;
- get expert help to read, write and spell DIFFERENTLY to school;
- get small chunks of homework that you can implement during the coming week (about 20 minutes a day);
- share the successes with others in your group;
- get the One Year School video program as a guide as well (free of charge)
- get an app for free
If you think our dyslexia training programs may be suitable, contact Barbara Hoi by booking a FREE 30-minute consultation. Or book a dyslexia assessment.
“The experience (from the dyslexia training) was amazing….You put a key in my head and you turned it and now I can read.. (Learning over one year) is going to help everyone dyslexic or not. I think it’s the right way to learn such complex words…(In 2016, I won the top award for being top engineer of the world from 8,000 people). My amazing professor saw my ability …my determination to want to finish things…he was my biggest advocate to bring me into a university… scholarship program…researching things in Silicon Valley to bring back to Australian universities..…”
Andrew – Client whilst struggling at work – Engineer completing a PhD