More love and logic – well, it may be almost an hour of listening, but if you need it, it’s not long enough, otherwise you won’t listen anyway. Many parents find it hard to set boundaries, especially if they have children with special needs, children who may already struggle at school and feel frustrated. It may feel that all they need at home is a loving environment that makes allowances for them. Unfortunately the loving parent also needs to add the ‘logic’ part, in order to raise a child that will be able to fully participate in life and contribute, instead of sabotaging their life with a sense of entitlement. As Jim in the interview says, boundaries and limits are basic human needs.
- Whole Language vs Phonics – the age-old debate
- Diagnosed with ADHD? Can ADHD Treatment Without Medication Work For Adults?
- Dyslexia Spelling Problems and How To Spell Better
- Executive Functioning Skills and Literacy – and Training to Improve these Skills
- ARE YOU LOST FOR WORDS? A Program to Improve Literacy by SBS
- About Dyslexia
- Dyslexia Adults
- Dyslexia Test
- Dyslexia Training
- Dyslexia Tutor
- Emotional Challenges and Solutions
- Famous Dyslexics
- Other Learning Challenges